Roadside and accident assistance
Members have access to the following services in the event of a roadside emergency (limited to R500 per incident):
- Flat battery – jump-start only (replacement of battery would be for the member’s account)
- Flat tyre (we will send someone to help you to change the tyre)
- Keys locked in vehicle (unlocking only)
- Fuel assistance (limited to five litres per incident)
- Minor roadside running repairs (electrical, coil, immobiliser etc.)
- Transmission of urgent messages
Rowlin offers a tow-in service to the nearest approved dealership (if under warranty), repair centre or panel beater in the event of:
- Mechanical breakdown – we will assist up to a maximum of R1 000
- Electrical breakdown – we will assist up to a maximum R1 000
- Accident damage – we will assist with tow-in costs to the nearest approved panel beater, up to a maximum of R1 850
Where the vehicle needs to be towed to a repairer, we will arrange for the occupants of the vehicle (maximum two people) to be transported to a nominated destination if the breakdown has occurred within a 100km radius of your normal place of residence.
If a breakdown occurs more than 100km from your normal place of residence and you need to be accommodated overnight, we will arrange hotel accommodation for the occupants of the vehicle (maximum four people).
We will contribute a maximum of R500.
If a breakdown occurs more than 100km from your normal place of residence and you would prefer to continue with your journey immediately, we will arrange for a rental car to enable you to reach your destination (subject to your qualifying for a rental vehicle in terms of the car rental company’s general terms and conditions).
The costs incurred will be confined to rental charges, delivery and collection of the hire vehicle. The car must be surrendered on arrival at your destination.
We will pay up to a maximum of R500.
This offer is subject to availability.
If your vehicle is left for repairs more than 100km from your home, we will pay up to R500 for 24-hour Group-B car rental or buy you a flight to collect your vehicle after repairs. Alternatively, should the vehicle have been towed to a dealership closer to your place of residence, we will supplement the additional tow costs with the costs of car rental.
- We will never pay you more than R5 000 per annum in benefits
- This cover excludes all vehicles over 3 500kg, trailers, caravans and boats
- You will not be entitled to service where the vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition
- Any costs incurred through arrangements made by yourself without prior authorisation shall not be reimbursed
- Assistance is only available in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland
Terms & Conditions
- We will never pay you more than R5 000 per annum in benefits.
- This cover excludes all vehicles over 3 500kg, trailers, caravans and boats.
- You will not be entitled to service where the vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition.
- Any costs incurred through arrangements made by yourself without prior authorisation shall not be reimbursed.
- Assistance is only available in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland.
Fixtures, fittings & services
In the event of a home emergency as a result of breakage of fixtures and fittings, we will arrange for an appropriate repairer (electrician, plumber, locksmith, glazier, etc.) to address the problem at one nominated address. Call-out fee and first hour of labour are paid for. Thereafter normal rates apply.
Please note that all parts and materials used are excluded and will be for your own account.
A home emergency is defined as an event that could possibly cause structural damage to a property or place the occupants of the premises at risk.
An overall limit of three incidents or R2 000 per annum applies.
Emergency services notification & call-out
We will, at your request, relay notification of emergencies to the police, traffic, fire brigade, ambulance, security or any other emergency service provider.
Home Safe Chauffeur
This service is designed to encourage you to drive responsibly. Statistics show that a large percentage of motor vehicle accidents occur as a result of drinking and driving, especially at night.
Benefits of Home Safe Chauffeur:
- We will ensure that you and your vehicle arrive home safely. We will dispatch a vehicle with two drivers (where possible) and drive you home in your own car
- All drivers are in possession of a public driver’s permit, carry a cellphone and dress professionally. The drivers all speak English
- You are entitled to use this service six times per annum. Each incident is capped at R500. Any additional costs incurred will be for your account
How it works:
- Bookings can be arranged at the following times:
- Mondays to Thursdays 5pm-1am
- Fridays 3pm-3am
- Saturdays 4pm-2am
- Sundays 4pm-midnight
- The service is available within a 50km radius of the city centres in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town
- At the specified time and location, the call centre will notify you that the pick-up driver has arrived, at which time you will have 15 minutes to meet the driver. After 15 minutes the call centre will notify you that the pick-up driver will be leaving and the trip will be cancelled
- Cancellation and rescheduling fees:
- Two hours prior to booked collection time – no charge
- One hour prior to booked collection time – one incident will be eliminated
Crime Assist is a 24-hour crisis management service
Crime Assist is a 24-hour crisis management service that provides assistance in the event of a hijacking or home invasion. We will assist with the following:
- If your cellphone is stolen in a hijacking, we will provide you with a loan cellphone loaded with pre-paid airtime to the value of R100
- If your vehicle is hijacked, we will provide you with Group B car hire for 48 hours to keep you mobile
- If your credit card is stolen, we will provide you with a pre-loaded debit card up to the value of R500 to assist you in the interim
- If your home keys are stolen in a hijacking, we will send a locksmith to your house to assist you with your locks, up to the value of R1 000 per annum
- If you are hijacked at home or if your home is invaded, we will place a security guard at your home for 24 hours after the event
- If your home is invaded, we will provide hotel accommodation (limit: R1 000 per annum)
Please note: Partners and benefits may change at any time without notice